Senior Project Analyst
Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 41 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 4,700 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity.
TNDC is seeking a Senior Project Analyst to provide leadership and support in managing, planning, monitoring and implementing key projects from conception through implementation. This position will be responsible for a variety of projects for which strong conceptual, technical, analytical, financial and leadership skills are required.
The Analyst will assist with financial analyses and project tracking methodologies to ensure the success and efficiency assigned projects. The Analyst will focus on corporate, organization-wide efforts and support all the members of TNDC’s executive team, primarily the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic financial and operational goals.
- Assist in organizational and business line risk assessments.
- Supports the annual budget process and the implementation TNDC’s financial management strategy and system.
- Program scheduling, milestone tracking, critical path analyses, and related activities required for successful completion of required tasks.
- Creates internal and external reports for the CEO, CFO and other Executive staff as requested.
- Conducts research and gathers data required for assigned projects.
- Serves as project manager or backup for assigned projects: manages agendas/minutes, tracks tasks, issues, and action items, escalates risks and issues as necessary to CFO.
- Evaluate feasibility and recommend priority of interdepartmental business process improvements as self-identified or proposed by others.
- Provides technical support and guidance to other team members as required.
- Supports the management of TNDC’s family of ownership entities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As the job of a senior project analyst is crucial to the support of the CEO, CFO and other Executive staff, the following skills and experiences will be required:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong and sound knowledge of financial analysis.
- Good judgment, creativity and strategic thinking.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Power Point, Outlook, with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Experience leading projects, establishing consensus and moving forward to complete objectives.
- Knowledge of project management terms and tools, support methods and practices.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to present and explain technical information in a way that persuades others and gains understanding.
- Proven skills in designing change management strategies for new project implementation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in a nonprofit or corporate setting.
This job description is not a written or implied contract of employment. This job description may be modified as the need arises.