Office Assistant Property Management Department.
Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 300 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 39 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 3,342
tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity
Under the direct supervision of the Compliance Manager, the Office Assistant provides reception and clerical assistance toTNDC’s Central Office staff. This position is full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt.
• Operate main switchboard. Answer phones, direct calls and take accurate messages.
• Maintain directory for all staff.
• Greet guests and applicants.
• Track resident/applicant complaints to resolution.
• Provide applicants with accurate, up-to-date information on TNDC vacancies, buildings, application process, referral to other agencies, etc.
• Update Occupancy Hotline and distribute marketing materials for TNDC housing.
• Maintain and receive applications for employment.
• Act as key operator for office equipment, train staff in the use of office equipment, work with service representatives to solve technical problems.
• Provide administrative support to the Departments of Property Management, Asset Management, Accounting and Human Resources and other staff in conjunction with the PM Administrative Assistant.
• Responsible for providing general office areas, conference rooms and the kitchen with supplies.
• Process invoices for central office Property Management vendors.
• Responsible for processing supply orders from the properties.
• Familiarize yourself with personnel, the various departments at TNDC and their function.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Accurate typing (min. 40 wpm). Intermediate level skills in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Access.
• Pleasant demeanor. Friendly, outgoing, possessing patience and a sense of humor.
• Ability and willingness to work with a diverse, low-income population.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.