Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Housing Development, the Project Manager performs a wide variety of tasks related to planning and
developing affordable housing for Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC). The Project Manager coordinates and implements all activities relating to project development from feasibility analysis through completion of construction.
- Evaluate potential development sites and perform feasibility analyses related to property acquisitions.
- Procure financing from conventional and public sources, including preparing financing applications.
- Coordinate, document and facilitate escrow closings.
- Solicit and coordinate the work of professional consultants.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Obtain project approvals from planning and building departments and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare financial proformas and monitor development and construction budgets.
- Prepare, update and adhere to project schedules.
- Review and implement tenant relocation plans.
- Coordinate bid and qualifications processes to select architects and general contractors and subcontractors. Negotiate contracts and monitor contract compliance.
- Oversee project design development and preparation of project plans and specifications.
- Manage the construction process, including meeting lender and governmental requirements and processing of pay application and loan disbursement requests.
- Work with Property Management, Tenant Services, Asset Management and tenants in the design and development of projects.
- Conduct due diligence tasks to safeguard the organization’s investments and corporate integrity.
- Perform outreach duties and public relations work as needed, including attending community meetings.
- Meet with and report to the Director of Housing Development on a regular basis to discuss issues associated with the development process.
- Undertake tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Housing Development.
- Strong financial proforma skills, including proficiency in
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and
- Experience with private and public debt financing for affordable housing.
- Exposure to design issues and construction materials and methods.
- Well-developed oral, written and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work within project teams and supervise work of
- Capacity to manage 2 or more projects independently.
- Experience with acquisition/rehabilitation and portfolio rehabilitation.
- Experience with market
rate housing debt and equity financing.
- Experience with joint
venture developments, including with nonprofit, market-rate, and
- Experience or interest in
supervision and mentorship.
- Experience with all phases
of the development process, preferably with at least one project taken
from concept through completion.
- A bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in affordable
housing development project management; OR a master’s degree in
urban planning, business, economics, law, public policy or a related field
and 1 year of experience in affordable housing or community development.
- Master’s degree in fields listed above and 3 years of experience
in affordable housing development project management.