Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 300 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 33 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 3,000
tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity
The Talent Development and Learning Specialist will have primary responsibility for the design, development and implementation of development and training programs across the organization that ensure Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation is attracting, developing and retaining high performing and engaged staff.
The Talent Development and Learning Specialist (TDLS), reporting directly to the Chief Talent Officer, and in partnership with the HR Operations Manager, will ensure professional development, training and performance management programs are aligned to ensure organizational goals are met.
The TDL Specialist will design and deliver training curriculum, and measure the success of the training to ensure continual favorable outcomes and employee satisfaction, and will ensure that organization-wide talent management and learning and development initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.The TDL Specialist will provide analysis, coaching, recommendations and training to managers and supervisors to facilitate the prevention of, and resolution of, complex employee relations issues, and the high engagement of all staff.
Learning Management and Training:
· Identify and assess training and development needs, across the TNDC organization.
· Develop, organize, deliver and evaluate training programs, including developing curriculum and utilizing the learning management online system for training delivery, analysis and regular reporting to the Chief Talent Officer, and Executive Team.
· Plan, organize, and implement a full – spectrum of training and employee / professional development activities.
· Deliver and facilitate training sessions as needed (i.e. new hire orientation sessions, on-going training, compliance, safety, and specialized training for all areas of the organization).
· Evaluate training effectiveness, and recommend training and development initiatives that meet the goals of the organization.
· Ensure all training, curriculum and learning initiatives are consistent, and aligned with TNDC’s mission, vision and values of collaboration, diversity, equity, excellence and integrity.
· Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, inclusion and diversity and competitive advantage in support of the organization’s commitment to strategic inclusion and planning.
· Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
· Identify and implement assessments to determine high potential leaders within the organization.
· Design and execute strategies to advance performance and career development of high potential leaders including providing support to managers in creating individual development planning, coaching, and mentoring.
· Oversee various surveys and focus groups to determine organizational development, leadership development, staff engagement and training needs.
· Partner effectively with staff and external vendors and resources as needed to deliver high quality programs.
Performance Management / Employee Relations:
· Provide consultation and coaching to both supervisors and employees on Human Resources matters, in partnership with the Human Resources Operations Manager.
· Provide professional expertise in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve organizational goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
· Assist in the administration of the annual performance management process.
· Review and interpret policies and regulations, and coach and advise supervisors / managers on the proper procedure in handling human resources matters and issues.
· Assist when necessary in conducting timely, objective and thorough HR investigations of employees in response to disputes, disciplinary matters, allegations of misconduct, and external agency claims.
· Assist in ensuring talent management process and supporting documentation for the corrective actions are applied consistently.
· Support and facilitate the employee exit process, including conducting the exit meeting and providing an exit interview, and analysis of exit data.
HRIS / LMS Management:
· Keep training and professional development records up to date in appropriate online systems (i.e.; Non-Profit Ready, Cornerstone on Demand, etc.).
· Update, review and analyze online performance and individual development goals.
· Perform quarterly audit of systems to ensure data integrity.
On-boarding and Retention:
· Conduct comprehensive new hire onboarding and training, including initial, extensive new-hire orientation, and comprehensive first year training, meetings, coaching and surveying.
· Conduct all necessary training and review around policies and procedures, policy and procedure updates, employee handbook, and other employee programs.
· Review and orient staff health and safety orientation.
· Assist in the design and development of various staff care initiatives, and analyze impact.
· Conduct regular site visits to check in on site staff needs, satisfaction and engagement.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Excellent project management skills, with the ability to organize, manage and lead assigned projects
· Knowledge of training and development practices and methods
· Superior presentation, facilitation and meeting management skills
· Skill and ability to design and facilitate and conduct instructor-led and/or virtual training
· Ability to drive programs independently and build relationships with partners at all levels of the organization, and externally
· Skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software applications, with additional technical systems proficiency and familiarity is required, Cornerstone On Demand, NPR+, or other LMS experience is a plus
· Ability to provide clear and concise feedback
· Attention to detail and quality analytical skills