Mission: TNDC develops community and provides affordable housing and services for people with low incomes in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 430 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 42 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 5,000 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusion, Collaboration and Equity
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Property Management, the Property Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the property management of several projects in the TNDC portfolio and may include direct management of one building. The number and type of projects may vary according to experience, staff availability and the needs of the organization. The Property Supervisor will supervise staff consisting of General Managers, Assistant Managers, Administrative staff, Desk Clerks, Custodians, and Maintenance staff. Perform other duties as required by the Associate Director of Property Management.
· Directly hire, supervise and train building managers and other property management staff.
· Direct management of one building, as designated.
· Provide leadership in the development of property goals related to management operations and to the health and safety of the overall community.
· Oversee unlawful detainer processes, as required.
· Collaborate with commercial lease consultants regarding commercial service request and concerns.
· Communicate information between properties and legal counsel appropriately, so as to avoid negative legal consequences.
· Supervise Operational Ramp up and Lease up of new or newly acquired properties.
· Oversee site management in responding to building emergencies and resident crises, including after-hours, as needed.
· Oversee preparation, distribution and completion of delinquency reports, notices and payment plans for all assigned properties. Supervisors are responsible for assigned delinquency targets.
· Participate in budget preparation process and in the analysis of monthly revenue statements.
· Keep current on local, state, and federal issues related to the properties and distribute information to site personnel.
· Input data and generate reports using property management software.
· Participate with project teams on issues related to acquisition, market trends, operating budgets, project design and property management identified in pre-development, construction and rent-up.
· Make routine inspections of properties to ensure compliance with company policy and to review project operation; inspections to include complete walk-through of building.
· Assist with preparation and submission of required government reports.
· Ensure preventative maintenance is completed for assigned portfolios.
· Recommend maintenance and capital improvements for each property and continually act in a manner so as to maintain and enhance the value of the assets under his/her supervision.
· Coordinate with Facilities Manager on property systems and inspections.
· Knowledge of Property Management and affordable housing.
· Ability and willingness and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population.
· Sound judgment, excellent assessment, problem-solving and supervision skills.
· Ability to work effectively in teams.
· Dependability, initiative and follow-through.
· Effective writing, communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations; possess an even temperament and strong "people" skills with a commitment to customer service.
· Ability to interface effectively with property management and other staff.
· Ability to lift 25 lbs.
· Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible operations/management experience
· Minimum 3 years of supervisory/management experience
· Solid understanding of budget management and facilities issues
· Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
· Strong organizational skills
· Valid California driver’s license
· Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree
· Knowledge of Property Management software (PMAS)
· Knowledge of HUD TRACS software
· Training and experience in HUD and Tax Credit Programs
· Real Estate Sales license
· ARM ®CPM ®, NAHP or similar certification