Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 41 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 4,700 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for hands-on supervision of daily maintenance requirements and requests, preventive maintenance and capital improvements for two TNDC buildings: Curran House and Ambassador Hotel.
· Supervise staff, including assigning and reviewing work, planning, setting and maintaining standards, allocating personnel and addressing employee problems.
· With the approval of the General Manager, discipline, terminate and promote staff, and recommend salary increases, write performance appraisals, and interpret personnel policies and practices for staff.
· Provide orientation and training for current and newly hired staff.
Safety and Property Maintenance:
· Respond to, and is responsible for the oversight of daily work orders, maintenance requests, capital improvement projects, and unit turnovers:
· Plumbing: Replace faucets and sinks; Repair galvanized, PVC, ABS and copper plumbing lines; Troubleshoot location of leaks; Apply advanced understanding of operational principals and preventive maintenance of steam and water boiler systems; Apply comprehensive understanding of operational principals and preventive maintenance of building fire systems, including smoke detectors, flow valves, standpipes, fire alarm panels, etc.
· Carpentry: Install and repair windows and doors; Repair and replaces drywall; Repair and replace kitchen cabinets and countertops
· Electrical: Repair and replace switches, outlets, heaters, exhaust fans, ceiling fans, and garbage disposals; Troubleshoot electrical failure; Read electrical and gas meter; Repair and replace defective circuit breaker
· Conducts work tasks safely in compliance with safety rules
· Inspect units annually with General Manager
· Conduct monthly pest control service with pest control vendor
· Perform and keep record of all building and fire/life safety and operational equipment preventive maintenance/scheduled building preventative maintenance
· Keep General Manager informed of maintenance problems
· Assist Facilities Manager with capital level maintenance project
· Develop and implement system replacement schedules
· Assist the Facilities Department and Human Resources with monthly safety trainings for all TNDC employees as needed
· Respond to building emergencies on after-hours on-call schedule
· Other duties as assigned