Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 41 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for 4,700 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Operations Manager, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Management Officers, and the Board of Directors.
1. Manage and maintain the CEO’s complex calendar and daily schedule, and ensure appointments are kept and schedule flows accordingly.
2. Manage CEO’s travel arrangements and compile expense reports.
3. Provide day-to-day administrative support, including coordinating meetings, preparing materials, and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
4. Act as the point of contact between the CEO and internal/external clients as needed.
BOARD LIAISON AND BOARD SUPPORT
1. Serve as administrative liaison and principal contact between CEO and Board of Directors.
2. Assist Board members in accessing information and complying with general policies and procedures specific to Board.
3. Ensure Board of Directors collateral material in consistently updated and available, such as contact information and committee rosters.
4. Plan and organize all logistical aspects of Board meetings, including securing and preparing location and necessary equipment, and ordering food.
5. Draft agendas, minutes, resolutions, and other documentation required for Board and Committee meetings; compile and distribute bi-monthly Board packets.
EXECUTIVE TEAM AND ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
1. Provide administrative support, including coordinating organization-wide or management meetings, preparing materials,ordering food and arranging for other logistics
2. Oversee quarterly and annual reporting to Neighbor Works, and serve as internal point person for Neighbor Works training opportunities.
3. Prepare templates and create reports related to annual organizational/departmental goals and ongoing performance measurement.
4. Review and process expenses
5. Seek out and proactively suggest improvements to processes and policies as needed
6. Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to work independently and keep pace with a fast-moving Chief Executive Officer.
· Ability to analyze and solve problem.
· Ability to prepare clear, accurate and concise records, business correspondence and reports
· Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple and concurrent tasks under pressure
· Sensitivity and ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
· Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, discernment and judgment.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally
· BA/BS or equivalent experience.
· 2 years office experience in an administrative capacity
· Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
· 3-5 years of experience with direct executive level support or equivalent
· Project management experience.
· Ability to compose complex business correspondence
· Ability to undertake complicated analytical projects