Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 400 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 41 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 4,700 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Manager or the General Manager, the Desk Clerk is responsible for screening visitors, and monitoring activities at the front desk of TNDC properties. The desk clerk is responsible for assisting building management with maintaining the site safety as well as providing ongoing administrative support.
· Screen all visitors to confirm that they are the authorized guests of building residents.
· Ensure visitors are escorted by tenants at all times.
· Respond to emergencies as needed.
· Maintain complete and accurate confidential Building Log.
· Fill out incident reports as necessary.
· Report violations of the House Rules and Regulations and rules of conduct outlined in the Rental Agreement.
· Take part in all online and in person trainings that are required for job function; this includes job specific trainings and companywide training.
· Oversee front entry and lobby to ensure cleanliness and security; performs minor janitorial duties as needed.
· Provide administrative support for Assistant Manager by opening and time stamping mail and invoices, preparing check requests, preparing recertification packets and filing.
· Answer phones and operate intercom system as needed.
· Provide information to tenants, visitors, and applicants concerning Housing.
· Other duties as assigned.
TNDC expects all employees to embody the organization’s values, which are as follows:
· Integrity: We strive for candor, respect and honesty. We seek to stand as a model of ethical behavior.
· Excellence: We continue to push ourselves to improve and produce high quality work.
· Diversity: We treat all people with respect and believe that different experiences and perspectives add value.
· Collaboration: We enhance our impact by working together and with others. We create partnerships, solicit and respond to input, and share our knowledge.
· Equity: We strive for economic and social justice for all people, especially those with limited power and resources.