Sustainability and Facilities Coordinator
Sustainability and Facilities Coordinator (SFC) will lead energy and water data management and benchmarking efforts to meet our Better Buildings Challenge (BBC) goals. Assist both, the Sustainability Manager (SM) and the Capital Improvement Project Manager (CIPM) in the implementation and coordination of capital improvement building projects. We are searching for a candidate who is passionate about the subject of energy and water efficiency, extremely organized and is highly self-motivated, inquisitive, detail oriented, and a good communicator. The position will be trained to become the expert at various sustainability and capital improvement tracking tools and process improvements.
Working under the direction of the Sustainability Manager, Essential Responsibilities will include:
Energy and Water Data Management and Benchmarking
· Rely on utility tracking software- Wegowsie and Energy Star Portfolio Manager, it includes monthly reporting, tracking, and follow-up with sites that has water or energy spikes. This may also include occasionally downloading data from utilities companies’ websites.
Onboard training will be provided.
· Provide quarterly reporting and tracking energy and water variances (cost and usage) in variance meetings.
· Work with utilities on whole-building aggregated data collection, data issues and coordinating with Wegowise and BBC on any data related items and reporting.
· Track and report on performance of energy and water upgrades after implementations. Follow up with property and maintenance staff when performance is lower than anticipated to determine reasons for under performance and assist in correcting any issues.
Capital Improvement Projects
· Schedule site visits for third party- assessments, inspections, vendor work and coordinating with site staff on tenant notice and accessibility.
· Create Request for Proposals and gather bids from vendors, manage project timeline and tracking steps.
· Assist in project close out by creating check requests and filing all Capital Improvement and work (e.g. vendor documentations, warranties, spec sheets, rebates, etc).
· Track projects on spreadsheets.
Communications and Planning
· Assists in meeting coordination, including calendar invites, sharing agenda, tracking attendance, and meeting notes.
· Format content and graphics, collect data for quarterly newsletters and web/social media communications.
· Lead planning for sustainability related internal meeting and training such as maintenance meetings and others as needed.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required.
· Experience performing spreadsheet and other analysis.
· Ability to work on several types of projects with vendors, third parties and with multiple deadlines.
· Demonstrated high degree of accuracy and initiative in work assignments.
· Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing.
· Experience facilitating solutions in complex environments.
· Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
· Represent TNDC in a professional manner at all times and commit to the mission and values of TNDC.
· Knowledge of Wegowise and Energy Star Portfolio Manager Platform or other energy tracking software preferred.
· Experience with database management and administration.
· Experience preparing written summaries and briefings of assigned tasks for internal and external dissemination.
· Demonstrated comfort level reviewing and interpreting contract documents and other formal documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably BS.
1 to 3 years of broad environmental sustainability experience and particular experience in property utility consumption data analysis. Experience in multifamily preferred.