Maintenance II - Ritz Hotel
The Maintenance II is responsible for preventative maintenance work at both TNDC tenant residences and commercial spaces. The Maintenance II provides maintenance and custodial support as needed.
- General apartment building maintenance and repair.
- Basic plumbing repairs to water and sewage systems including
replacement of fittings and clearing of stoppages.
- Repairs/replaces glass, tile, locks, hinges, and window coverings.
- Basic electrical repairs to appliances, fixtures, switches, and
- Basic painting of both interior and exterior surfaces.
- Hangs and repairs sheetrock.
- Framing, cabinet rebuilding, and finish carpentry.
- Rough construction and concrete work.
- Prepares and submits completed work order sheets on a daily basis
to direct supervisor.
- Attends required TNDC team, training, safety, and staff meetings.
- Follows TNDC safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responds to building emergencies on after hours on-call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability, willingness and sensitivity to work with a diverse,
- Maturity, honesty, dependability, initiative and follow-through.
- Ability to read and communicate in English sufficiently to follow
directions and communicate with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
- Ability and willingness to work tactfully under pressure; cope
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to perform medium to heavy work involving sitting,
standing, walking, lifting up to 75 pounds and climbing ladders and
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools necessary to
perform mechanical, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and other building
repairs and maintenance work.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment including mechanic
tools, carpenter tools, electrical tools, plumbing tools, shovels, rakes,
- Ability to move objects, occasionally requiring exertion of
- Ability to differentiate shades of color in performing electrical
maintenance, painting and other work.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands and fingers in performing
- Ability to drive motor vehicles, including trucks.
- Visual acuity necessary to inspect buildings and review work
- Hearing acuity sufficient to use telephone and communicate with
residents and staff.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide.
Judgment and Reasoning
- Ability to judge situations where supervisor's involvement is
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to semi-repetitive
Language and Communication
- Ability to comprehend and correctly use maintenance logs, work
orders, time sheets, etc.
- Ability to comprehend resident handbook and employee manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and staff at all levels, residents, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to adapt to changes in policy, methods, operations, etc. as they apply to property management operations and activities.
- Ability to work in an office environment and in and outside a
variety of residential buildings.
- Ability to work under hot and cold conditions.
- Ability to work under conditions of moderate noise.
- One year of residential maintenance or related building experience.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and climb ladders.
- Intermediate plumbing, electrical and drywall skills.
- Ability to obtain High-rise Fire Safety Certificate within 6
- HVAC Certifications.
- Knowledge of Cal/OSHA safety requirements and Building Codes.
- Lead & Asbestos abatement Certifications/Training.
- Valid California drivers’ license and a motor vehicle report that
matches TNDC’s insurer’s