Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 300 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 33 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 3,000 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity.
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Manager, the Office Assistant provides reception and clerical assistance to TNDC’s Central Office staff.
- Operate main switchboard. Answer phones, direct calls and take accurate messages.
- Maintain directory for all staff.
- Greet guests and applicants.
- Troubleshoot problems with office phone system, train office staff to use phone system.
- Act as key operator for office equipment, train staff in the use of office equipment, work with service representatives to solve technical problems.
- Manage organization voice mail system.
- Set up new users in system, delete old users, and train new users.
- Process outgoing mail and deliver to mailbox.
- Replenish postage and ensure adequate supply.
- Coordinate outgoing messenger services.
- Provide administrative support to the Department of Operations and Human Resources and other staff in conjunction with the Office Administrative Assistant.
- Responsible for providing general office areas, conference rooms and the kitchen with supplies.
- Process invoices for internal billing for Administrative department and other departments as needed.
- Coordinate the monthly staff luncheon by contacting vendors, setting up the luncheon and clean up after the luncheon.
- Provide the office with the necessary food items: coffee, half and half, etc. by shopping on line or at the store as necessary.
- Familiarize yourself with the various departments at TNDC and their function.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Accurate typing (min. 40 wpm).
- Intermediate level skills in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Access.
- Pleasant demeanor.
- Friendly, outgoing, possessing patience and a sense of humor.
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse, low-income population.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Associate Degree and one year of general office experience; or High School Diploma and three years of general office experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese, or Vietnamese.